I need this clause interpreted please that is in a lease…

I need this clause...

I need this clause interpreted please that is in a lease specifically the words Default by Tenant/Events. Defaults by Tenant are failing to pay timely ad valorem taxes on the leased Land, ( I understand this) abandoning or vacating a substantial portion of the Premises; and failing to comply within ten days after written notice with any provision of the lease. I need this last sentence explained please.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I just don't understand this part of the clause

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

On a ranch

3/17/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The clause means that if you violate a term in the lease then the landlord gives you a 10 day notice to cure the problem and if you don't you are in default and the landlord can move to terminate it and evict.

.

.

Thanks

Barrister, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. I wish you were close to us. We need an attorney like you. I truly appreciate appreciate your response.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

..

.

Thanks much

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Default by Tenant/Landlord's Remedies. Landlord's remedies for Tenant's default are to (a) enter and take possession of the PRemises, after which Landlord my relet the Premises on behalf of Tenant and receive the Rent directly by reason of the reletting, and Tenant agrees to reimburse Landlord for any expenditures made in order to relet; (b) enter the Premises and perform Tenant's obligations: and terminate this lease by written notice. Landlord may enter and take possession of the Premises by self-help, by picking or changing locks if necessary, and my lock out Tenant or any other person who my be farming the Premises, until the default is cured, without being liable for damages.
We had a lease and the landlord stated she did not receive our check for 699.00 for the ad valorem taxes. She locked us out and confiscated our 175 head of cattle plus 350,000 worth of equipment. We never received any type of notice either orally or written from her that she had not received our check. The total acerage we were leasing from her is 326 acres. So if I am understanding correctly we should have received a written notice as you stated and then if we did not resubmit the payment to her she could take action. Is that correct?

So if I am understanding correctly we should have received a written notice as you stated and then if we did not resubmit the payment to her she could take action. Is that correct?

.

Yep, landlord royally screwed up here.. So you can actually sue her for any damages you have incurred due to her breach of the contract. She should have given you a 10 day notice to pay, then she could consider the lease in breach if you didn't do so..

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!
Barrister, Attorney