Canadiafrom edmonton Alberta in oct 2017 I signed in to buy…

Customer Question
Hi:my name is *****...

Hi:my name is ***** ***** canadiafrom edmonton Alberta in oct 2017 I signed in to buy bitcoin then in dec while I was in holiday in Amman, Jordan this agent from MCI investment called me many times asking me if I want to buy bitcoin any way he convinced me to buy because the price is good and it’s going up so I bought 5000 usd worth of bitcoins in dec 14 2017 I paid for it with my capital one MasterCard and the other half with my cibc visa after that the agent from mci investment he bought the bitcoin from a company called buycoinnow.com and he opened an account fro me with Mci investment for a total of 5000 usd I made about 5 transactions then on Jan 30 2017 the account was closed with a balance of 00 and 463 $ usd cash balance . Then the agent stoped answering the phone and the company mci Investments phone number none of working now I like to recover that money

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I’m from Edmonton ab now the agent name is ***** ***** his phone numbers

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

+44(###) ###-####and 44(###) ###-####none of them answer I don’t know where that agent is located to recover my investment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I like to know where is that agent Rami hamed where he called me from with these two phone numbers his email address is [email protected]

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/18/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you have fallen for a cryptocurrency scam. Unfortunately, the bitcoin market is riddled with traders that are more fraudulent than they are legitimate. They make wildly attractive claims that are too good to be true. Then, when you try to get your money out, they disappear or tell you that you have to put more money in to get a refund. These are classic hallmarks of an investment scam.

The scam reports about MCI investments, and there are many on the web, indicate that they claim to be located in Zurich, Switzerland. However, Zefix, Switzerland's corporate register, has no such company by that name listed there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mci+investments+bitcoin+scam&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS525US525&oq=mci+i&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i60l3j0.1783j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.zefix.ch/en/search/entity/list?name=MCI%20investments&searchType=default

And FINMA, the Swiss financial regulatory authority that licenses legitimate brokers has no record of this company either.

https://www.finma.ch/en/authorisation/insurance-intermediaries/vermittlerportal/suche/

If you can find out who and where they really are, you could sue them in their country for their fraud or seek to have their so-called agent prosecuted. But finding them will be a job for law enforcement, and it may be unsuccessful. These guys clearly know how to disappear into cyberspace.

I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But that agent has a personal phone number 44 7445 091688 and email address [email protected] If possible to send email he might answer to you
Thanks

So what? You don't think scammers can have phone numbers or email addresses? That doesn't mean a thing if they won't answer their phones or email.

A reverse trace of the phone number shows that it's a mobile phone. The country code is for the UK but you can reach the scammer on that number no matter where in the world he is. That means, you can't trace his whereaabouts.

As for MCIfinance.com, that website has been suspended and with it, the email address.

http://mcifinance.com/

It is essential to trade only with brokers who are government regulated in their countries. In that way, if things go wrong, you have an agency to turn to for aid.

This company is entirely unregulated, so it's operating illegally and can do whatever it wants unless/until someone can find them and stop them.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney