This is about my teenager and electronics, content and

Customer Question
This is about my...

This is about my teenager and electronics, sexual content and California law; I know that if my teenager takes a photo of his genitalia and texts emails or posts it online, any adult receiving it, being in possession of it would be breaking the child porn law correct? The adult could be arrested but could my minor son also be in legal trouble? Also, what if he and his friends do a modern-day circle jerk or having a size contest and send each other photos of their penises, since they are all underage and consented to all of this, would they be breaking any laws?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Did u read the question? I'm not sure if any or all of that is breaking laws and I'd like to know. Most of it is hypothetical no arrests rn.He and his friend have posted their penises on this stupid chatroom of what looks mostly like high schoolers but who knows, there could be ppl 18 and over on there as well. I just want to know if my minor son could get in legal trouble for any of the initial question as well as this response. Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a CA lawyer about this yet?

OMG! Do you think you could just answer the question whether these things could be legal or illegal? Who the f**k cares if they've been arrested or talk to a lawyer no we haven't I just want to take precautions and explain to my son why are electronic rules are changing and what he needs to know and not know about so he doesn't get in trouble. I really don't understand why you keep asking me if we talk to a lawyer or if nobody's in trouble right now I just want to make sure I'm telling him the truth if these things are against the law he needs to be scared of getting in trouble. And why would I the f**k would I contact justanswer for this if I already had a lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want you to do your job

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

At this time, California has not enacted any teen sexting laws. But all of this would be unlawful under California's child pornography laws. It is a crime for anyone to distribute photos of anyone under 18. And while it's possible that a prosecutor would be lenient in your circle-jerk scenario, the fact is that whether a teen sends or receives such a photo, he runs afoul of California law. If there's an adult on one end of this exchange, that adult will be treated more harshly. But is a minor breaking the law? Yes.

See 311.1 PC

http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-311-1.html

311.2 PC

http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-311-2.html

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.