I aam a little stuck and confused. Kentucky. I have tried to…

Customer Question
I aam a little...

I aam a little stuck and confused

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have tried to get a debt management program started now i have a order default judgment

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

it says "according , it is hereby ordered that judgment shall be rendered in favor of plantiff, and against the defendants , in the amount of 13,280

You may want to consider Chapter 7 bankruptcy to discharge the debts including the judgment.At this point thats your only real option.You can file yourself pro se here.

Forms to do that

http://www.kyeb.uscourts.gov/official-forms

Self help and step by step

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/filing-bankruptcy-kentucky.html

Chapter 7 would allow you to restart your life and discharge the debts.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

More

In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy you wipe out your debts and get a “Fresh Start”. Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a liquidation where the trustee collects all of your assets and sells any assets which are not exempt. (see Kentucky Exemptions) The trustee sells the assets and pays you, the debtor, any amount exempted. The net proceeds of the liquidation are then distributed to your creditors with a commission taken by the trustee overseeing the distribution.

Certain debts cannot be discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, such as alimony, child support, fraudulent debts, certain taxes, student loans, and certain items charged. (see Kentucky Non-Dischargeable Debts) In most Chapter 7 cases, the debtor has large credit card debt and other unsecured bills and very few assets. In the vast majority of cases a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is able to completely eliminate all of these debts.

You may keep certain secured debts such as your car or your furniture or house by reaffirming those debts. To do so, you must sign a voluntary “Reaffirmation Agreement”. If you decide that you want to keep your house or your car or your furniture, and you reaffirm the debt, you cannot bankrupt (or wipe-out) that debt again for eight years. You will still owe that debt and you must continue to pay it just as you were obligated to continue to pay it before you filed bankruptcy. In order to reaffirm the debt, you must also bring it current. In other words, if you are three or four months behind, then you must pay the back payments which are due in order to reaffirm it. You can selectively reaffirm your debts – you can state that you wish to keep the house and the furniture, but that you want the car and the jewelry to go back to the respective Creditors.

Reaffirmation agreements can be set aside during the earlier of 60 days after the agreement is filed with the Court, or upon the Court’s issuance of an Order of Discharge.

I think Chapter 7 is your only option at this point since they already have judgment.

is there a time frame they want me to do this in? it doesn't say anything about due dates in the packet. it says please take notice that this motion shall come on for hearing before this court at the court's convenience. what does that mean

They already have a judgment in state court.You file Chapter 7 in federal bankruptcy court.It will stop collection when you file and discharge the debt and allow you to start fresh without this hanging over your head.

They already have a state court judgment as you present it against you for $13,280 and they will proceed to try and collect unless you file Chapter 7.Thanks again the best here.Thanks for rating at top of page.