My mother in law got out of the hospital and the

Customer Question
My mother in law...

My mother in law got out of the hospital and the assisted/nursing facility insisted she go to the nursing facility rather than back to her assisted living residence to be evaluated by PT, OT, and speech therapy. (Not a doctor.) They say they can keep her there for up to 90 days. She did not have an injury but was in the hospital for 3 days for a slight case of pneumonia. Can they stop us from insisting she be released back to her assisted living residence?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your mother-in-law in? It matters because laws vary by location.

State of Ohio.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your mother-in-law taken so far?

What do you mean by what steps?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is in the exact same shape she was in before she was hospitalized. Even some of their evaluations that they have already finished show her to be doing fine. We want her to be able to go back to where she considers home. They won't even let her go to the bathroom by herself even tho she is perfectly capable.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.