I was in a accident the insurance company had my car hauled…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a accident the insurance company had my car hauled to IAA for an appraisal it was totaled. I decide to keep the car, when it brought the car back to my home it had more damage than when it left. No one will accept responsibility for the damage. what are my options

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinoise

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have talked to IAA even their corp office and the company that hauled the car. Both are saying it's the other guy. Both say they have video while it's in their passion they will not send it to me with a lawyer requesting them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i just want someone to take responsible for the damage and make it right

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have proof it has more damage now than when it was sent to IAA, then IAA, regardless of what they tell you, is liable for the damage. It is just your burden to prove in court that they caused additional damage to the vehicle and the cost of repairing just that damage.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.