About social security laws. Oregon. I applied for

Customer Question
About social security laws. ...

About social security laws.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I applied for survivorship benefit. My husband passed away in August 2017, and I’m getting his benefit from Opm (federal) since January 2018. I applied for ss survivor benefit and got approved yesterday. Now i held a green card since 1985. With ss benefit i can only get out of the country for 30 consecutive days. Is this correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also about residency issue while a resident alien or green card holder. Thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It depends where you aqree outside the US. In some countries it is ok others it is not.

List of countries and restrictions

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10137.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you today.So sorry for your loss of spouse.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.