My coop of 40 yrs has my deceased dads name and my name. How…

My coop of 40...

My coop of 40 yrs has my deceased dads name and my name. How do i remove his name from my certificate? I have letters saying it was to be right of surviorship, yrs ago boardapproved, but dad never was able to finalize it. Help!!!! Please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New yorkny

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well,ithought the lawyer i hired was helping me since i haveto sell, im a senior znd li ited funds. I haave allthe leter btween board,managenet andmydad . I have lettersof testentary,death. Ertif., propriet leasd, certificate but Utnever got certificateto sayright of survivorship. Board always knew it was my apt.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have lawyer for my sale, but i feel they ig ored my interests, ecause i thoughthis name would be removed, now i am told 50 %goesto me and 50%to hisestzre, he passec 2005, brother mayget 1/4 ofsale,thatisu acceptable, heis a. Erycrookedandmeanperson, was ableto remove me from mothers will and anyi beritancei was to get...slimy lawyers brotherhad

3/17/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The co op board lawyer should remove on proof of death certificate and his will or other document showing you inherited his share. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Even ifthe certificate has both dads name and mine
Thelawyer ihave forthe sale, never toldme about the 50 50 % thing, and i toldthem i wanted to make suremy brother couldnttake anymore from me, but the laywers just told metheotherday its thelaw and half goes to estate.
Who can do this....is my lawyernot being a true representitive of me?
If provides for survivorship then you are set. Otherwise you need the above!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What providesfor surviorship? Is it understood? Its notwritten, but has been always asking to havethatadded
Im so worried, im a senior and will not have muchtoliveon if i have to givezway1/4 of my sale
It would be written. If not written it may be argued as intended. It also may pass per the will or intestatePlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please help
We cannot represent customers.
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Phone doesnt work....or id call
u gave me new info.....
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney