I live I Massachusetts and I want to marry to someone who…

I live I Massachusetts...

I live I Massachusetts and I want to marry to someone who don’t have paper in California can I marry him there and bring the marriage certificate and do the paper work in Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in MA family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

I will do the paper work when I come back from California

3/17/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
What papers does the person not have? Are there immigration issues?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They don’t have lagal paper to work in the US
What visa do they possess?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Call me please
I can’t do a phone call at this time, but I can answer online.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok what should I do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to marry him in California and Bring home to Ma and do the paper work
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Because he doesn’t have paper to travel out of California right now
How did he arrive in the country? What visa type?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He can with a visa but the visa is expired
Ok
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He came with a visa but the visa is expired
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
Phone call session started

I am happy to help you today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can California make me get marry the and what do I need to take with me
You can get married in California, then go back to Massachusetts to file the adjustment of status paperwork for the green card.You need tofile the I-130 petition for Immediate Relative and he can file the I-485 application to adjust status to permanent resident based on the approval of the I-130. These applications can be filed simultaneously. You will need to show the financial ability to support him or have a co-sponsor prepared to fill out the financial affidavit. You will need to submit your birth certificate or naturalization document, the marriage certificate, his birth certificate, all divorce decrees for any divorces and he will need to have a medical exam done.
You will be scheduled for an interview on the bona fides of the marriage. The questions can be tricky or not, depending on the examiner and if there was anything red-flaged in the application process at the service center. The interview can last 15 minutes or 4 hours. Once approved, he will be granted conditional permanent residence for two years, after which you file to remove the condition- the condition is that he still be married to you. If after the 3rd year you still are married, he can file for us citizenship.
Just bring the marriage certificate and his passport when you travel. You will be fine until you file the papers.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can u call me again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I bring my citizenship wi me too
bring a copy of all your citizenship documents when you travel.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just put in for my passport ,and they took the orginal I have a copy of the citizenship paper
Ok,The citizenship paper is enough to travel with, and is your best proof
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sick I will
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I get in California how long does it take to make and appointment to get a date and get marry
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long does it take to get an appointment for the marriage in California
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K
What city?
Generally, It will take 6-12 weeks to receive your requested certified copies of your marriage license, but much longer if you do not file your request for certified copies at the time of your marriage.You can bring the copy issued to you at the ceremony if you need to travel before it is sent out to you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No am not talking about the marriage certificate am talking about how love will it take to go to the clerk off and California and do the marriage there
Ok
What city?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
California
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In California
Which city in California, Los Angelas?
If it’s in the Los Angela’s area you must do as follows:A marriage license can be issued at one of the locations on this list of Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Branch Offices, such as the LAX Courthouse or Beverly Hills. Before going to the County to get a license or begin planning a ceremony, couples should thoroughly review the detailed information about the marriage license and civil ceremony process.Key requirements for obtaining a marriage license:Show a valid state issued I.D., or driver’s license, passport, certified birth certificate, baptismal record and photo I.D., or alien resident card proving that you are over 18 years of age.
Both of you must be unmarried.
If you were previously married, you must provide a copy of dissolution/annulment papers.
Pay a public marriage license fee (or private marriage license fee if applicable) of $91.
Pay a $25 fee if you are getting married in a civil ceremony.A civil ceremony is the simplest way to get married. Marriage ceremonies conducted by the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriage are performed at several branch offices of the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. The fee for the civil ceremony is $25. Payment can be made in cash, check, credit/debit card or money order, made payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk or RRCC. If paying by check or credit card, valid identification (i.e., Driver's License) of the signer is required and must be presented at time of request. At least one witness must be present at the ceremony, unless the couple is marrying using a confidential marriage license in which case no witness is required. Availability of civil marriage ceremonies is limited, so be sure to book as far in advance as possible.Here is a link to the Los Angela’s county clerk to schedule the ceremony.https://www.lavote.net/home/county-clerk/marriage-licenses-ceremonies/ceremonies/schedule-your-civil-ceremony
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok let me call to schedule the ceremony
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is going to be in Los Angeles California
Ok, it will be easy. Good luck
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer