Client not paying for product received. My company sold and…

Client not paying for...

Client not paying for product received

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the client in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My company sold and delivered product to a customer from 6/1/17 to 11/3017 amounting to $ 2300.. Upon them receiving statements and email and text messages and acknowledging they owe it ,have not paid anything. After sending him a letter for collection he responded by email with a $500. month payment untill paid. I responded to accept with a promissory to be sent. We did not send the note and seen no payment. Could I now turn it over to collection for the full amount due without any further notice instead of finally accepting his offer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the client taken so far?

Only offering $500. monthly payment. The account is extremely delinquent and decided I want full payment

State is Illinois
3/17/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Yes, you certainly can send the entire amount to collections since you are a) under no obligation to accept any partial payment and b) in the event you did actually accept a partial payment schedule (as you indicated above) no payment was actually received. Therefore there either was no agreement regarding partial payment OR the customer breached the agreement and therefore you're entitled to your damages. either way you look at it you can still send to collections (or even sue the customer). Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney