My father was in a SNF for 5 years in AR. My sister was POA…

Customer Question
My father was in...

My father was in a SNF for 5 years in AR. My sister was POA and dealt with everything with the organization. He passed away in January and my sister is executor and has not given any information to the other 3 siblings re: life insurance or much else other than a small annuity that we will split.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He was in AR from 2011 to 2015 then moved to MO where he died. My current question is what the costs where for his stay in AR. I asked them, Ridgecrest Health and Rehab, for this information and they said since my sister was POA I would have to show proof that I'm the executor of his estate, which I am not, for them to give me that information. My sister has not been forthcoming about anything and I suspect she has taken advantage of being POA. She has said Ridgecrest cost $50k / year but I've never seen an invoice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

None, that's why I asked Ridgecrest for the info on cost that they refuse to give unless I'm executor which seems like BS to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe my sister may have been embezzling money from my Dad under the disguise that everything was for his care. She has never given any proof whatsoever of what actual cost has been for anything even when asked. I know her and what she is capable of and it would fall right into place that she would try to take advantage of this situation to benefit herself and not have any concern that she is screwing her siblings and not actually acting as our Dad envisioned and would want.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Is there an estate proceeding yet?