I have a friend who recently had her two children taken away…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a friend who recently had her two children taken away from her by the father after making false claims, involving his parents to make false statements and having her arrested. She didn't do anything wrong but the officers believed the fake statements and the fake "video" where the father locked himself in a room with her, told his parents to begin recording and started yelling "stop punching me!!" over and over. She didn't lay a hand on him but now she has a restraining order (aftee having to pay $8000 of her life savings to bail herself out of jail). She now doesn't have enough to pay for a lawyer. How can she get help to fight this scumbag of a human being and get her children back?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was he charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?

She was arrested for attempted kidnapping of her children. I'm not sure if there is a scheduled court date but I know she went to court already and now has a restraining order against her

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the attempted kidnapping occur?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that all statements made by father and his parents are all false.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

I am sorry to hear that your friend is having this problem. It is never good when these situations escalate to having one party make up and create false grounds about the other parent and to go so far as to put children in the middle of the dispute.

The further unfortunate thing is that there is strength in numbers and in video, both of which it appears are present here with his parents allegedly "witnessing" it and taking a video.

You touch on one point that is valid. An attorney or lawyer. She needs one to protect her rights. When people are bullying and creating evidence, it is never a good idea to go the way alone. The criminal system can be unforgiving if any missteps are made.

The good thing for your friend is that California has a great public defender system. I have provided a link here to their page that will take you to both the page for the county in which she lives and also you will find a link to other defense resources.

Bot***** *****ne is that she needs an attorney and should get one as soon as possible.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation.

If you have any follow up questions it would be my pleasure to answer them. As experts we only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate us positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! There is no cost associated with you rating me and you can still ask follow up questions after rating me and I will respond.

One final point, there may be a delay between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but rest assured, if you ask, I will provide an answer. Thank you again.

Sean K
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer