17-03-2018. Or Madam, I am living in Germany and really

Customer Question
Dear Sir or Madam...

Dear Sir or Madam, I am living in Germany and really concerned that I am a victim of a rather a SCAM

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Involving Fortress ********************have already received their funds after making such a deposit. *******************

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know that the aforementioned Fortress Legal Partners really are legitimate and .Mr. Paul Reeves & Mr. Reynolds are supposedly licensed lawyers? Okay

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

50,000 USD + 15,000 USD Deposit which I am being requested to pay into an account in someone else's name. Please send me an E-mail on ****************and I will send you all the information I have. *********Thanks & Best Regards, ***** *****

I quick search for the law firm website does not come up. Also, a search in the attorney database for the first attorny mentioned does not come up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

17-03-2018 Dear Damien, I am unable to load the E-Mail up which I send to Fortress Legal Partners, NY Please send me an E-Mail then I will send the correspondence by retrun. Thank you. BR, **********

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Error when try to upload my E-Mail correspondence.

You would have to speak with Just Answer Customer Service about how to email or attach documents.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried calling your office but I only get a Answerphone service.

It must be too early. It may not be open yet since it is California.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Dear Mr. Bosco, I may have been the victim if a SCAM and I am trying to determine if Fortress Legal Partners are indeed licensed lawyers and legitimate. Do they really have offices at this address or is this all part of a SCAM. Fortress *****************************Always busy or no response! No FAX and no response to my E-Mails! *********************** Link does not work! Fortress Legal Partners say they have an office in Miami, see link *****************************When I check out Google Earth it show a parking lot behind a hotel called. ***************************** I called them they have never heard of Fortress Legal Partners who should be close to the hotel. Attachments: Recent E-Mail correspondence *********************************

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if you give me your direct line Telephone number I will call. Kindly confirm if you have received my E-Mail with Attachments?

I did not receive an email.

Because the information is vague on the alleged law firm or attorneys listed, you would not want to send or receive money from any alleged attorney or law firm via wiring money. It is unclear why you are having interaction with them but it sounds best not to send or receive money from them.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please let me call you and I can explain.
What is your telephone number?

If you want a phone call, I can send you the request or you can request one. I will send the request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I signed an Escow Agreement Rx from Fortress Legal Partners, NY
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is becoming two difficult without a valid E-Mail or Telephone Nr.I only want to determine if Fortress Legal Partners, NY are ligitimate?

As I mentioned, the information on the alleged law firm and attorneys is vague. A further investigation would be necessary. Just Answer cannot do a separate investigation for you. Because the information is vague on the alleged law firm or attorneys listed, it may be in your best interest not to send or receive money from any alleged attorney or law firm via wiring money.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will end this chat because it is becoming too difficult. I will most likely require to fly over to USA and visit their office if it exists
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dear Damien,Thanks anyway.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have send them another E-Mail and a letter via DHL thois morning.It will take a week before I here from them.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

I may have been the victim if a SCAM and I am trying to determine if Fortress Legal Partners are indeed licensed lawyers and legitimate. Do they really have offices at this address or is this all part of a SCAM. ************************************ Always busy or no response! No FAX and no response to my E-Mails! ***************************** Link does not work! Fortress Legal Partners say they have an office in Miami, see link **********************************partners-expand-services-to-include-corporate-and-financial-legal-aid/230018 When I check out Google Earth it show a parking lot behind a hotel called. Hyatt **************************called them they have never heard of Fortress Legal Partners who should be close to the hotel. Attachments: Recent E-Mail correspondence ***************************************************************************************

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I am another expert on this site, and I practice in New York City.

I have checked the NYS official state attorney directory which is published by the state Unified Court System. There is no such attorney as ***** ***** who has ever been licensed to practice in New York State.

For that matter, there is no attorney licensed to practice law in New York State with a last name of Reynolds either.

You can verify that for yourself by going here:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/attorney/AttorneySearch

If either ever practiced in this state, it would give their most recent address, their law firm, the date they were admitted to the state bar and other useful information.

The NYS Secretary of State's corporate register lists no such business as Fortress Legal Partners doing business in the state of New York.

https://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_SEARCH_ENTRY

The above information really says it all.

Presently, their website, http://fortresslegalpartners.com, is not up and running. Domaintools.com tells me that the site was registered less than a year ago and is only 242 days old. The site IP address traces to Holland and not to the US, which is very irregular for a US law firm.

The site owner is using a private proxy service from Panama to hide its real location. That's also a red flag.

The address of*****is legally insufficient. It's a skyscraper and a real address would include a suite number. This address is likely virtual rather than actual and is at best a mail drop. If you want that address, you too could claim to have space there for $97/month. That's well worth the price if they can get thousands and thousands from you and others like you who believe them.

https://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/us/new-york/new-york-city-virtual-offices/facility-919

As for Miami, the Secretary of State's register there shows that there was once a Fortress Legal Services in the state. But that's a different name and in any case, it no longer exists there because went out of business in 2016.

I don't know how or why you got involved with these people but it's safe to say that they are neither a real law firm nor real lawyers. You are the victim of a scam.

You should block them and send them no further funds. You need to report them to your own legal authorities in Germany and to the FBI online at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.IC3.gov There the FBI is partnered with Interpol which will give the information you provide them with to law enforcement agencies all over the globe. If they can be found you would have a chance to recover your money, but finding them, unfortunately, is unlikely. Wherever and whoever they really are, they're not in New York or Miami.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney