My dog was trained as a service animal and emotional support…

Customer Question
My dog was trained as...
My dog was trained as a service animal and emotional support animal and we were in walmart and an employee came up behind me with a large box of donuts and the dog felt she was a threat. in Broward County can animal control take and destroy dog
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
the dog bit hand and broke skin. can they quareanteen dog and destroy her or can i send her out of state now
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Even though you dog is a service dog if the dog bites someone you are liable for the bite. If the dog has all shots up to date, then they can quarantine the dog at your home, but if shots are not up to date they can insist the dog be quarantined at animal control. If the animal makes it through quarantine then the animal is returned to the owner.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.