I have a retail theft question. Wi. Well tonight I entered a…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a retail theft question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wi

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well tonight I entered a kohls store with my daughter my paid my bill then proceeded to do a little shopping with one of my daughters we entered the busy fitting room didn't have much luck left our unwanted items in the room. They have like 15 then took our purchases to the register checked out exited the store no beeps or sirens going off

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Then we made it to the parking lot when a man and lady approached accusing me of theft.. saying I needed to come back inside I refused I'm not guilty I left my unwanted items in the fitting room he then proceeded to call the police I said that's just fine I have nothing to hide they walked me and my 9yr old to my vehicle

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
I then left the parking lot the accuser had no type of employee badge and never gave his name he said I had 2 options to come back in or to call the police. I called the police station later in the evening that a officer did respond and a report was filed
I don't have any criminal history of any kind I have a good job in healthcare which I don't want this to tarnish
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/17/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. So what did the police say to you? Did the store ask that you be charged?