I am a small business owner and there are two news articles…

Hello, I am a...

Hello, I am a small business owner and there are two news articles about me, not relating to my business, I would like to see if I can have taken down from the internet?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Iowa and not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

The news articles are almost two years old and are related to an arrest and three charges and they were posted a few days after the arrest. One Criminal Mischief 4th degree and Two Simple Assault charges. Both simple assault charges were dismissed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My business has been operating for 4 years now and has been successful. I am a Home Builder. My full name is ***** ***** advertised with my business but I would like to start advertising with my full name attached. When I search my name on Google the two news stories with my name are on the first page along with one positive article about my business that has my full name attached to that as well. I feel I cannot advertise my business more and draw attention to negative news articles. My fiance and I are really looking for a way to have this information taken down so we can move on with more positive news.

Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Would like to have someone respond and talk to me about my situation.
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Hello. Congrats on the decision to be proactive about your personal reputation since it relates to your successful business!
articles and press releases from the internet are usually factual in nature and authored by reputable organizations, like news outlets or government agencies. Although it can be difficult to remove news articles from the internet, it is not impossible, it can be done.
Typically, when information published is factual news, the most important factor in determining whether removal is possible is who the webmaster or organization that published the content. In most circumstances, the only way to get factual news stories removed is to contact the organization or webmaster that published or is hosting the content. Whether a particular organization will remove an article will depend heavily on the internal policies of that particular organization and how convincing your reasons are for having the content removed.
For example, The New York Times will usually agree to edit or publish corrections to articles that contain information that is inaccurate, false, or outdated. Other organizations will sometimes agree to completely remove information that is extremely old or unfair. Other webmasters will also agree to put in Robots.txt in the HTLM code of the web page, which prevents a particular website from appearing in search engine results.
If this is too much work, you should retain an attorney or hire a service that specializes in removing negative content from the internet for you
Here is a link to a company so that you can get an idea of what service would
Do to improve your
Digital footprint.https://www.reputationdefender.com/control-your-online-reputation/?gclid=CjwKCAjwnLjVBRAdEiwAKSGPIxDPS_tZMa2juuVq1a4iH4Ykq2N384yfEVNC-yk8H-rDpPN4XtY_-RoCKNwQAvD_BwE
Good luck to you!!!!If I have provided you adequate guidance on this subject please reward me with a positive rating of 5 stars, so that I may get credit for this session.
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer