Regards to my sister and primary checking. Sister is my DPOA…

Customer Question
Regards ***** ***** sister...

Regards ***** ***** sister and primary checking. Sister is my DPOA and listed on a Joint checking Account due to semi-disability. She snoops at Debit purchases! How do I change the account to have the bank recognize that she can make a Deposit in my account with my account number and to eliminate her from the Electronic Register; where she can snoop as Joint Account?

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Okay

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

TX, are you taking me to a site where I make a deposit and an agreed amount to pay when question satisfactorily answered?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I'm more than stunned at my sister's most unpleasant behavior. Tried talking with her but she has "triggers"; which I call temper tantrums. No resolve after many discussions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Really regret making this move. Sister and I both don't know the reason why a bank would not accept a Deposit with a customer. Some cashiers know her so well, in past, that instead of waiting a business day for funds to become available, they would set it available immediately. Thank you. Does not require an in-depth or speedy answer, please--to help cut costs.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

Response: You need to go to the local branch to get these specific instructions put on the account.

You should also complete a new signature card with restrictions that the second person on the account only has deposit authorities on the account and nothing else. This would include when the deposit is made that the Teller not print out the balance on the account as part of the receipt. The only thing that should be on the receipt would be the deposit made.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.