What are the acting laws in the state of florida?

what are the baker acting...
what are the baker acting laws in the state of florida?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do please.
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

I can provide the laws that govern involuntary psychiatric examination in Florida. Do you have specific questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am seeking information on what steps I can take into baker acting my cousin who is bipolar and drug addict and is 31 years of age. I trying to figure out what steps I need to take.

Thank you for the clarification. Please give me a few moments to provide the process with references for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you for your assistance.

There are three ways to initiate the process https://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/samh/MentalHealth/laws/bainvex.pdf

Can you tell me the county in Florida where your cousin is residing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Miami -Dade County . I would like if possible to have her place in a state funded Duo Diagnose program in palm beach county. Which is two counties away ... I think if she is away from the bad crowd it will help her more. However I am not sure if that is a possibility
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
placed*

It is up to the County Court which facility she would be placed in unless she would go voluntarily. Let me provide information for that area.

"Baker Act

The Baker Act allows for a person to be picked up and transported to a crisis stabilization unit for an involuntary psychiatric examination. It is based on the behavioral criteria that the person may be harmful to himself or others. If the person meets these criteria, the judge signs the Emergency Admission Order prepared by the Clerk.

Certified copies of the order are given to the petitioner with instructions to give them to the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction in their area. This gives the agency the authority to take the individual to a receiving facility to be evaluated.

Petition the court
To petition the court for an involuntary psychiatric examination order, the petitioner must have observed the behavior of the person. You must know the address, date of birth, age, height and weight of the person who needs the examination.

The person must be in Miami-Dade County and not in a hospital or jail. To allow time for processing, you must be at the Probate Court Office prior to 3:30 p.m.

A valid photo identification with your signature on it, such as a driver's license, passport, resident alien card or Florida Identification Card is required. There is no filing fee for this petition.

Requesting police transport
The order will be given to the petitioner in a sealed envelope. The petitioner must contact the police, and they will transport the person to the nearest crisis stabilization unit or prearranged private facility." http://http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/families_probate_baker_act.asp

p>

If there is a situation where she becomes a danger to herself or others you just need to call the police. Otherwise this is a step by step of the process https://www.wikihow.com/Baker-Act-Someone

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If she is in jail, how should I ask the judge to consider a treatment facility versus jail time? Im not sure how to word it or how to try and make a convincing statement . Can you provide an example please?

You would go through the court process.

"Petition the court

A valid photo identification with your signature on it, such as a driver's license, passport, resident alien card or Florida Identification Card is required. There is no filing fee for this petition." http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/families_probate_baker_act.asp 18 Mar

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I was not aware on how the site works, but thank you for the prompt response and information. I gave you 5 stars :)

No worries. Thank you.

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney