In nj if a persons on probation and overdoses on herion and…

Customer Question
In nj if a...

In nj if a persons on probation and overdoses on herion and someone calls 911 police and paramedic s come is it a violation of probation or are they [rotexted under the good samaritan law

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

Did you read the question

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a NJ lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, if the user was overdosing on heroin and was on probation, using drugs is a violation of probation and after treatment the probation officer can charge them to violate their probation. A good Samaritan law does not protect someone who overdoses from violating their probation I am afraid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.