I have a question about court appearance. In West New York,

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about court appearance

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In West New York, NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know why am I receiving the court appearance.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Could you clarify for me what you're looking at so I can assist you properly?

I just got a mail that has yellow paper with the state of west new york printed on it. It shows my name, address, and complaining witness. I couldn't read what the witness name or the offense because it is not written well. It requiresmy court appearance on 4/12/2018.

Do you have a copy you could upload to the system so I can see?

Are you aware of any circumstances that would lead to a court summons?

At the date they specified I went for groceries and stopped by a coffee shop but that's it

Is this a criminal summons? Civil?

Its written the municipal court.
I tried to attach it but it is not allowing me to do that
Hello!!!

Hi, I'm sorry for the difficulties. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to help you from here with attaching. Perhaps you could describe for me what the allegations are in the summons?

It is a yellow long paper has a court id, prefix, and complaint number at the top. Filled of boxes and lines. The first box shows the state of new jersey vs and then the defendents name which is mine my initial and my address. The second box is lines written the state of new jersey county of hudson and complaining witness written by hand and I can't recognize the name of DPW did commit the following offense and written with hand but I cant recognize it. The third box is in volation of (one charge only) 348.7. Location of offense my address is written. Oath certification that they provided correct information. And the fourth box is showing that the complaining witness is a law enforcment or a code informent officer the court use only is probabl cause is foumd the issuance of this complaint summon. Last box showing that You are hereby summoned to appear at 4/12/2018
Were you able to see what I sent you?

Yes, bear with me one moment...

Okay.

Ok, so, based on what you provided, I don't see anything at all in the NJ code that references this particular charge. Because of that, I don't want to waste your time or your money so let me opt out of this discussion and have another expert take over for you. I apologize sincerely.