I was in my neighbourhood value village, for no more than 2…

Customer Question
I was in my...

I was in my neighbourhood value village , for no more than 2 mins was looking at books in thevery far back corner when I was approached by a smug security guard (new because I go there often and never seen guards befor) comes up to me and asks me if I have ever been kicked out of the store before? Then cuts me off when I go to reply all of a sudden that I'm not allowed in there I have to leave. An employee informed hime I have been kicked out before for stealing (NEVER happened wrong person ) and I'm trying to tell him there wrong it's not me....he just continued to talk rather loud and at tracking attention to us in was calm and did what he asked apart fromy requesting to speak to a manager which he denied me and said it's for there safety this is all just protocol. I asked for some proof a picture or anything of me doing this crime or when he had nothing. So shamefully walks me through the whole length of the store escorting me and completely embarrassing me. What do you do in this situation because it happens often to me and I never steal and it's super upsetting and really keeping me down.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this workplace safety issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I was shopping there now he was a rent a cop for the value village. This is the first attempt to do something regarding this treatment

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if my rights are being broken in this situation and what they need to do before they kick someone out and embarrassed me. What I need to do when they try to do this to me (accuse me of shoplifting)

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Do you have reason to believe you are being discriminated against because of your age, race, gender, disability, or sexual orientation at all?