I have two checking accounts and one of which was suddenly…

I have two checking...

I have two checking accounts and one of which was suddenly and unexpectedly closed and they will not tell me why. I am not surprised it was closed because I admit i have faced many insufficient fund fees and just discovered that what Inthought was simply floating a check from account to account is illegal. I am beside myself. I knew it would affect my credit but I had no idea it was illegal and I fear this is why they closed my account. I never let the account go negative for more thank few days and the account was positive for a few weeks before it was just closed. I am sick to my stomach. Am i going to be arrested? I have been doing this for some time and because i simply paid insufficient check fund fees I didn’t think it was illegal! Should i seek legal counsel immediately? I haven’t gotten any legal notices yet?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

No charges at all

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I received the funds from my closed accounts today and they were in good standing

3/16/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

Is your bank FDIC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you-I have had an account with both banks for over 6 years.

Can you tell me the Bank? I am trying to determine if they are FDIC. Let me provide the number for customer service on the site they can assist with a telephone call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it’s bank of america

Call Customer Care

Please have your Order ID available when calling Customer Care

US / Canada1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It won’t allow me to pay with my card
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you write what should i do

Please call customer service. In the meantime, do you have a letter from B of A?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No this just happened weds

Did you contact the Bank?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THEY would not tell me why they closed the account

I do not see B of A wasting time and money suing you or having you arrested. Do you want to find out the reason the account was closed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They gave me my money and said not to worry I could open an account t elsewhere and that they just decided to stop doing business with me because of deposits issues
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No i think I know why now-i did not realize what I was doing was so illegal! I am an educated person! I thought since they were barging me a $12 fee I wasn’t being bad.

I don't see any reason why they would pursue this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK good! I thought Inwas unfortunately hurting my credit-never ever did I think a i was doing something illegal. If i thought that I would have never done that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think I should take their work about being able to open an account at another institution? I know you don’t have a crystal ball but online it said I will probably be black balled from other banks. I just want to prepare myself mentally.

I understand what you are saying. The law on not realizing something is illegal is "Ignorance of the law is never an excuse" That being said I see no reason for them to pursue this based on all of their illegal activity. Would you like me to provide a link for FREE consultation Attorneys in your area on the remote chance they do something?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That would be great, thank you so much!

Can you tell me the county or city you reside in? I don't want to provide Attorneys that are far away.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Camden county New Jersey thank you!

Would it make you feel better to see all of the issues Bank of America has faced?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am so upset I feel like i am going to get my ass fried by lightening for talking bad about any bank institutions lol! I guess i should be glad to be away from them-just don’t want to get arrested or charged. I will never ever do this again!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the link!

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wow! Yep they were worse than me. Thank you again! Is there a link where I can give you a good rating?

I would not stress for one second with regard to Bank of America. They are lucky to still be in business.

There should be a rating scale, 5 stars, at the top of the page on your end.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just gave you five stars! Thank you! I was literally shaking with fear. Hopefully i will be able to open an account with another bank tomorrow.

I don't know that it gets much worse. Don't lose one minute of sleep. Have a great weekend.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much! I hope you do as well!

You are most welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello I just have a follow up question.
How can I help?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am still very very anxious that I may be in legal trouble. I am unfortunately a very anxious person to begin with.
I received a letter from Bank of America that was very generalized stating ‘After careful review, we’ve made the decision to close your account.’ They go on to say stop writing checks...I was concerned because The letter also stated ‘we may report the account to reporting agencies such as ChexSystems...’ I called Bank of America to ask if I was being reported. The person I spoke with said that it a generalized statement on all closed account letters and that he did not see at all that we had reported to any agencies. I was glad to hear that and we were able to open a bank account at another banking institution with no problem.
I know these are good signs but Ia just so scared still. I realized I had been doing this probably for about two years! If it truly was illegal wouldn’t they have come after me sooner? I didn’t know it was possibly illegal.
I just want to get your opinion one last time if you think I am ok, if I should seek representation or if there is any action i can take?
If you are going to worry I would suggest contacting a local Attorney. I provided a link for you above. Thank you for you using JA.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I be worried?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry to be such a pest
You are not a pest. If you are still concerned I recommend that you speak to a local Attorney. Your peace of mind is very important.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you agree that the fact they said they are not going to report me and we were able to open another account is a good sign that things will be ok?
The issue is that you are still concerned. I have no way of knowing. what B of A will do. I have a hard time understating how they are still in business. I think we have exhausted my opinion on the situation. You can always ask for a second opinion on this site.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

You are most welcome.

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney