I received a check from home owners insurance and mortgage…

Customer Question
I received a check...

I received a check from home owners insurance and mortgage company says I have to send them the check endorsed by me and they will make payments to me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I filed all repairs to home and required paperwork to insurance company. The check came written to me and mortgage company. I only called mortgage company and they told me to send them the endorsed check.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it i think

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I don't know if this is legit and I should endorse a $25000 check to mortgage company when they will only give me payments to make up the check

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, it is legitimate. That is how it is done. That's why the check was made to you and the mortgage company because the mortgage company has security interest in the property. Also and more importantly, the check requires both your signature and the signature of a representative of the mortgage company in order for you to have access to the funds. So, you do not have any choice here but to endorse the check and send it to the mortgage company to endorse and then send you payments for the repairs.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.