This is a civil matter. a friend had a very sick cat and…

This is a civil...

This is a civil matter. a friend had a very sick cat and asked if i coulld help with the bill. i told her she would have to pay it back as it was a large amount of money.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I have messahes from her stating she will repay. it has been 6 months and no money has been received. it is now more asinterest has started since it was not paid off in 6 mo with Care Credit. what should i do next?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MO lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted her several times and she says she knows she owes tge money. Now I see she has put down mobey for a cruise for next year...but csnnot pay me. That put me over the edge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The total amount originally was $1640.00, and as of March 2 an additional $155 has accumulated

3/16/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

No good deed goes unpunished, right? This is precisely what small claims court is for. You could sue your friend in small claims court - which is fast, easy, and inexpensive - and ask for the amount that you're owed (and that includes the interest on your Care Credit account). Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, if you wouldn't mind could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Thatwas what i figured. Should I contact her again to see whatshe plans to do? i am located in MD and she is in KY

Yes, it's always better (cheaper) to try to settle things out of court... and if you're in MD and she's in KY it's questionable whether a MD court will even have jurisdiction over her.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Thank you

It's my pleasure. Thanks so much for your rating!
If I can ever be of assistance in the future, you can reach me directly by clicking HERE or https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800
or asking for me directly by putting THIS QUESTION IS FOR OLIVIA before typing your question.