I have an eviction from last year. That eviction is only to…

Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an eviction from last year. That eviction is only to vacate the property NOT that i owe any money. Now, when i go to apply for apartments at this point surely, its on both public record and credit report i assume. What steps should i take to better my chances of securing a new decent rental?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I signed a contract from the attorney basically saying that I OWE NOTHING, and that I WONT SUE. I went to court and didn't think it would be available for just "any Joe" to see. Much less any prospective landlords.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the apartment located?

5036 n Sheridan rd Chicago, il 60640

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else to add, no.

3/16/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Why did it get to a point where you had to be formally evicted through the courts?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did you get that?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There was miscommunication between the manager of the building and the payment center as well as with the attorney.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The manager failed to tell the payment center that i WOULD NOT be paying any rent until the bug issue, bacteria, fungus, and so on was cleaned up and taken care of.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Prior to that the manager had a team of individuals come into my place and tear down a living room wall and bedroom wall. The purpose of that was to replace the dry wall that had been damaged due to leaking air conditioners. These individuals left in the middle of tearing the walls down for 6 hours, only to return in hasmansuits. Clearly, they knew something, i didn't.

Ok, then your best recourse here is to include a written explanation about the circumstances surrounding the eviction and why it happened. A landlord is only going to see that an eviction happened, not why it happened, so an explanation included with any application can help minimize the effect that seeing an eviction on your records will have..

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i see, thank you.
Aside from that, got a decent place i can rent?
Barrister, Attorney