I am an attorney in Allentown, Pennsylvania. My client is…

I am an attorney...

I am an attorney in Allentown, Pennsylvania. My client is currently going through a divorce. He is involved with a former woman employee of his business. He tells me that the woman's father died and that she stands to inheritance 20 Million pounds but she cannot get access to these funds until she pays the tax of approximately $400,000. (I've never heard of such a thing). I'm told her father's estate is being administered in London; that he owned a construction company that operated in Nigeria.She also asked him to represent himself as her husband because her father's Will allowed her access to his safe deposit box in London only if she was married! My client wired between $40,000 - 80,000 to "Barrister Henry" to help with the $400,000 he was told needs to be raised for this woman to get access to her inheritance. I handled several estates here in Pennsylvania and never heard of anything like this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Apparently, the estate is being administered in London, England. I'm told the woman's father had a construction company that operated in England and Nigeria.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Nothing. Just a copy of the parties' joint bank account statement showing the wire transfer my client made from a Wells Fargo joint account of $40,000 to "Barrister Henry" at the Royal Diamond Links.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

3/16/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

It is a scam. He should not send funds or correspond further.

It should be reported to the authorities and bank to attempt to recover any funds fraudulently sent.

If my reply is acceptable, albeit not good news, would you kindly reply "acceptable"

That's exactly what I thought. Of course, my client did all of this without consulting me. I just found out this morning. I've contacted him to get more information to report the fraud. I don't know who to contact at this point.
Your reply confirmed my suspicions. Acceptable.

Very welcome. Kindly rate me 5 stars.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Thanks in advance.