MJany mother is 89, and she lives alone in her home. On. My…

Customer Question
MJany mother is 89...

MJany mother is 89, and she lives alone in her home. On

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the mother in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My mother lives in Hilton NY, a suburb of Rochester. Her home is a split level, built in 1972. On Jan 30, 18 she fell coming down from her bedroom level. She broke 3 ribs, had a hairline fracture of her left ulna and sustained a severe concussion/brain bruise. She was admitted to the hospital for 2 weeks, and was transferred to a rehab center. She stayed there 3 weeks. In the evaluation, the PT stated stairs are out of the question. Since March 2, she is in assisted living.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

The assisted living has PT coming, there has been no stair work. my

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my mother is in an assisted living facility. She wants to go home, but the rehab stated no stairs. She wants to go home. She asked the director if the assisted prohibited her from going home. Mom was told 'no'. Are there any issues regarding mom's status/health insurance, etc prohibiting her from going home.? Will NYS intervene in this?
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley

from what you are stating I do not see anything that is legally keeping her from going home

however concessions are going to have to be met before she can go home

clearly there can not be any steps, now whether that means a hospital bed or any other devices that is up to you to decide

Tina, Lawyer