I want to know should I file for personal bankruptcy. Just…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know should I file for personal bankruptcy

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

No, just looking for info

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

NO

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Hello!! Congratulations on taking the first step to get your finances in order! You did not share your state, but most often, in order to file for bankruptcy you have to do credit counseling. This will usually assess whether or not you’re a good candidate for bankruptcy. I will give you a link for credit counseling which is usually free.
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is used to completely wipe out past debt (credit cards and consumer loans)
where is there a credit counseling agent near me in hackensack nj area
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is typically used to get on a payment plan for
About 5 years, to catch up on big debt like past due mortgage and still keep the house.
Sorry can't pay that at this time, will be in contact when i can. Thank you
The credit counseling is usually done online or over the phone. Give me one moment and I’ll send you a link.
https://www.advantageccs.org/services/online-credit-counseling
Even if you can’t pay please reward me with a positive rating so I can get credit for this session?! Thanks!