I have a kitchen retail showroom in CA and use

subcontractors for the installation of...
I have a kitchen retail showroom in CA and use subcontractors for the installation of cabinets and appliances. Am I required to hold a contractor's license myself?
3/16/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

do you hold yourself out as a contractor?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
I have a retail resale permit but not a contractor's license. I do not market my business as being a contractor. I utilize licensed contractors to install high end appliances and cabinets that I sell to insure it is done properly and satisfies warranty requirements from the vendor. I pay the subcontractor directly and charge the client.

Not needed, since you are not a contractor, and have licensed subs.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Appreciate it thank you!
My pleasure. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney