I have an auto loan through a a credit union and they are…

Customer Question
I have an auto...

I have an auto loan through a a credit union and they are jerking us around and reporting false accusations to our credit which has dropped based on this. we are trying to make major life purchase that are now not in reach. all they do is apologize and say they are gong to correct it. this has caused me and my partner so much stress and hour to fix and is becoming an inconvenience in our life. I want to know what my options are

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

I live in Arizona now but the bank is in California where I bought the car. this all began about a month to two month ago

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Calling them, talking with managers. they admit fault but cant seem to resolve it. it was suppose to be resolved completely on 2/26/18 and then I got another call for the same thing and again they apologized and that was 3/1/18 and now I was reported to the credit board 3/14/18 for being delinquent. which is not true. it has affected both me and my partners credit

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its a lot to type? is this a phone call?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Before you can sue under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you need to put them on written notice specifically their conduct violates the FCRA. So you need to send them a letter telling them that pursuant to the FCRA they are falsely reporting and that their refusal to correct the matter immediately will lead to you suing for any damages their false report causes you to incur, including attorney's fees and a complaint to the Fair Trade Commission as provided for under the FCRA.

You need to give them 30 days to make the correction once you send the letter. If they still fail to make the correction, then you can sue for damages using a consumer attorney locally, since attorneys fees are recoverable in such a suit. But you have to follow this process or you could lose the claim you would have against them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney