I am working on an Americans With Disabilities Act case.

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on an Americans With Disabilities Act case. Does the following paragraph from U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission printout, "Time Limits For Filing A charge, Ongoing Harassment" apply to California Law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

We have tried endlessly to get a lawyer to even talk to us about the case, but without success. I understand that of every 1,000 cases, only about 300

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

It is in regard to my daughter, who was a registered nurse in California employed for33 years by a Tenet Hospital. She is disabled (weight and age) She was the Union Shop Steward for many years, but the union is not very effective in that part of California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My stars, there is a whole book of things I need to know, but I have guided her through the process of complaint to the EEOC and I soldier on. I am responding to the Hospital's response to her complaint.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but is your specific question about the time limits for filing your charge with the EEOC?