I have people watching my Pet Terrier Favor for me while I'm…

I have people watching...

I have people watching my Pet Terrier Favor for me while I'm in California tending to my medical help I paid hem and have records but I finish here in a week but the family wants me to get my Pet now and I'm on a fixed income I'm a senior citizen what rights do Favor and I have.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None I just received the message today that they want to put him in animal control.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well Favor is house broken friendly and I have records of what I've been paying for his care that's all.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Can you tell me how long they agreed to watch the pet for you?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
We didn't have a set date but was understood until I got my dentures which will be next week
Phone call session started

Calling now.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. This applies even when there was no written agreement, but just an oral agreement between the parties. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?