Rec'd. a letter from municipal court, 'summons' for a past…

Customer Question
Rec'd. a letter from...

Rec'd. a letter from municipal court, 'summons' for a past due bill. I have 28 days to mail an answer to plaintiff's attorney and 3 days to file that answer with court. I don't know what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just rec'd. It today. Don't understand how to 'file an answer ' with court.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Do you dispute that you owe the bill?

.

Is this in small claims court?

.

.

thanks

No. I don't dispute the bill. Not sure on second question. It came from the city's municiple court.
No. Didn't know high cost was involved. Maybe better end it right now.

The phone call offers are auto generated by the website, not me personally. I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though if you would like to continue...

I do NOT want a phone call. I have to leave for 1 hour. Can continue later but if not possiblr 'thank you' anywsy.

Understood... you aren't under any obligation to request a call.. that is just an option the site offers...