I have 90 days to file a lien against a company I did work…

Customer Question
I have 90 days...

I have 90 days to file a lien against a company I did work for. The 90th day is today! They stopped communicating with my Contractor, I am a sub, so he gave me the information he had on them and says I need to do this NOW! It is for $10,400.00 dollars and it would be infuriating to lose it, thank you very much! How do I make this work? Please! Bruce Attwood...Attwood Drywall Patch and Repair LLC

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Bothell Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Looking for answers and have found none!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Last day to do this!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question about this for us?

How do I go about filing a lien against this company?

Thank you for your reply. It seems your credit card company is declining the charge, you need to contact them to authorize it.

You would need to file the construction lien form, which you can get at http://www.lni.wa.gov/formpub/Detail.asp?DocID=1884

You need to send the notice to the property owner and general contractor.

Here is the instruction sheet from WA Labor and Industry as well: http://www.lni.wa.gov/formpub/Detail.asp?DocID=1884

If you have more specific questions for us, do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Sorry here is the instruction link: http://www.lni.wa.gov/IPUB/625-017-000.pdf