I received an email from a francois pinault who is trying to…

I received an email...

I received an email from a francois pinault who is trying to cede me 7,500,00.00 but needs a deposit of 1200.00 for the international wiring. is this a scam

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

United states and he is in paris france

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just given a picture of my drivers license for verification purposes of my ethnicity. that is all. now they are saying We are now done with our personal verification and you are MANDATED to setup an OFFSHORE ONLINE ACCOUNT with BNP Paribas BANK. Please note because of the monetary regulation from financier institute, there is no way BNP Paribas Bank can make a direct wire transfer or issued out a Cashier Check, it applied to every overseas customers.Banks organizations has come up with ideals to assist beneficiaries, to always setup an ONLINE OFFSHORE ACCOUNT and make a transfer installment into your receiving account in any part of the world. Is easy an safer, it also has a lot of security features. for easy withdraw from our website online into your local bank account in any part of the world.
Please note the initial deposit for the offshore account setup will still remain in your OFFSHORE BANK ACCOUNT, we only need it for account activation process because of the large amount of funds required to be credited into the newly setup account. Crediting of funds cannot be initiated by BNP Paribas BANK without an initial deposit on your offshore bank account, be rest assured this initial deposit will still remained in your offshore bank account along with the total donated funds from your benefactor.
Category of account and their initial deposit/do choose your affordable choice from the options below and filling the required information's on the attached form then resend it back to us, before BNP Paribas Bank can provide you with remittance information's.(1) GOLD ACCOUNT: UNLIMITED WITHDRAW CAPACITY: OPENING BALANCE $3000.00USD THREE THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS.
(2) SILVER ACCOUNT: WITHDRAW CAPACITY WITHIN PERIOD OF ONE MONTH IS: $2,000.000.00USD: OPENING BALANCE: $2,500.00USD TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATE DOLLARS.
(3)PLATINUM ACCOUNT: WITHDRAW CAPACITY WITHIN PERIOD OF ONE MONTH: $1,500,000.00USD: OPENING BALANCE $1,200.00USD ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED UNITED STATE DOLLARS.
We sincerely ***** ***** above information is helpful to you, kindly make your choice from the above OPTIONS and inform us with details to proceed. If you have any questions and for further clarification(s), write us, we're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
NON DEDUCTIBLE ACT 509:
There is a nondeductible seal mandate on the asset funds also an INSURANCE POLICY COVERAGE secured by Mr. François Pinault to protect your donation sum against unforeseen fund misappropriations such as diversion, theft, loss, for that simple reason we cannot make any deduction from the asset capital of $7,350,000.00USD, you are officially required to fund your choice account opening balance off the asset capital.
We look forward to your prompt response regards ***** ***** procedure.
At BNP Paribas BANK, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you better.
Sincerely,
Mr. John Fernando
Relationship Account Officer BNP Paribas BANK
Direct Number: +33 9745 94614

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know if this is a scam or not

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

ok thank you

Good morning,

While I wish I could tell you this was real, unfortunately you were right to be concerned. This is indeed a scam. With a real inheritance, a person never, ever has to send money to collect. This is a form of an "advanced fee scam." In an advanced fee scam, the scammer contacts you about a prize, lottery winning, sweepstakes, inheritance, etc. that you are entitled to, but in order to collect, they inform you that you need to send them money. Typically, they want you to wire these funds, since money that is wired cannot be recovered, and is just about impossible to trace. Of course, once you send the money, your money never shows up and you never hear from them again.

Please don't send them any money, and don't have any further contact with them. They are not whom they claim to be.

thank you

You're very welcome. Sorry I couldn't give you better news, but I'm glad you didn't send them any money. Please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, as this is the only way experts like myself are credited by the website. Thank you very much.

RobertJDFL, Attorney