My husband got pulled over for a 509-1, which as we

understand is only a violation...
My husband got pulled over for a 509-1, which as we understand is only a violation, he has a valid license but the one he showed was expired by 1 day. He also has a CDL, if he pleads guilty, will it affect his CDL negatively? Considering it’s only a violation he was considering pleading guilty to just get it done and over with, but not if it will have an impact on his CDL. We reside in New York State.
3/16/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

VTL509-1 is a non-moving, 0 point violation. So, it would not impact his CDL. If he had a valid license, he should plead not guilty and bring the valid license to court and most times the judge will dismiss the charges against him, which is really the best option for him to save the fine.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you very much for your quick response! We will certainly take your advice about pleading not guilty into consideration. Thanks again.

Thank you.