I live on a private road in Holden Ma. A neighbor of mine…

Customer Question
I live on a...

I live on a private road in Holden Ma. A neighbor of mine does not maintain

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I live on a private road in Holden Ma. A neighbor of mine does not maintain his frontage, snow removal and over grown brush in the summer. Don't know where to go for help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

No, not yet don't know the procedure, don't know what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not related to my issue.The neighbor has been difficult in the past with myself and other neighbor. Currently, I will be pressing charges for assault. He spit on me. A police report has been submitted.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

In general, with property maintenance issues, you'd want to contact the county/township office that handles this. Just about county/township has an office that handles issues related to the normal maintenance of property - and has the power to fine people for violating ordinances related to the appearance of one's property. Alternatively, you could sue your neighbor for potentially decreasing the value of your property by not maintaining his. This second option is somewhat of an uphill battle with questionable return on investment since you'll have to spend money on court costs (and potentially an attorney) to argue your case. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.