This all started 9 months ago when i noticed bed bugs i

Customer Question
This all started 9...

This all started 9 months ago when i noticed bed bugs i contacted my landlord right away she put me off for about a month and a half now they are back cause the cheap way she sprayee didnt work i had to throw out new furniture and now again i cant take it no more im going to have a nervous breakdown please help me im 60 and on dissabillatee

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Yes with no results

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want out of here today

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have a right to sue for breach of the lease and to seek damages and costs for you having to hire your own exterminator to spray the premises. You need to try to remedy the bedbugs, so you need to get your own exterminator and pay for spraying and then sue the landlord for breach of lease for the cost of the extermination.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

im fed up with living here anymore this is the second round of furniture i cant afford all this it broke me last time i live on a fixed income

Thank you for your reply.

Okay, so if you want to move out and break the lease, you have legal cause to move out and find a new place. You can also sue and get a court order to force the landlord to remedy the bedbugs.