A judgement was served to my mothers home which she

Customer Question
A judgement was served...

A judgement was served to my mothers home which she repeatedly told the process servers that I do not reside there. Some how it was filed against me in court and the judge upheld the process serve. I have not lived or resided in the stte of oklahoma in 18yrs. So how does serve you at a residence and state for which you do not reside. I wasnt until 4 yrs later trying to sort out my financial situation that i found out through my credit report that i had a judgement on bad debt and a notice of service in a state and home that i dont reside. How do I proceed to challenge the service as fraud in the courts

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Oklahoma lawyer about this?

Yes, in oklahoma and they asked me why i had cone forward sooner. I told them I don't live in Oklahoma and I had no reason to be checking my credit report as i was a victim of the recession and was homeless for a period of time.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None, I was told it was a bad serve. I dont have the money to fight a case in a state I dont reside in and havent lived in 18yrs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its is my unpaid debt. butif you can run down someone's mother on some purchased bad debt by a rogue lawyer and a rogue process server in a state that youcan prove you have no established residency outside of family

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the judge upheld the service of process as valid, which it would not be if you can prove that this had not been listed as your residence for 18 years, then your next step is you need to file a motion to vacate the judgment as it being obtained improperly based on improper service and lack of personal jurisdiction and in violation of your due process rights.

If they deny your motion to vacate, then your next step is appealing the judgment arguing both improper jurisdiction/venue based on the fact you do not live in the state and do not have sufficient connections to the state to establish personal jurisdiction.

I would suggest strongly because these arguments are technically legal arguments that you use a local attorney to pursue vacating the judgment, as it would significantly increase your chances of success.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.