Researching fs 281.311 and 119.07(3) florida statutes and…

Customer Question
Researching fs 281.311 and...

Researching fs 281.311 and 119.07(3) florida statutes and cannot find reference on line. are these statutes current or when were they modified or changed or eliminated or combined?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No not yet just referencing document

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

Online sunshine records

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are the current references for confidential information related to arenas and statiums.

Lawyer's Assistant: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Lawyer and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.

Ok

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

Thank you for your question.

119.07 is posted here.

119.07(3) states:

(3)(a) Any person shall have the right of access to public records for the purpose of making photographs of the record while such record is in the possession, custody, and control of the custodian of public records.

(b) This subsection applies to the making of photographs in the conventional sense by use of a camera device to capture images of public records but excludes the duplication of microfilm in the possession of the clerk of the circuit court where a copy of the microfilm may be made available by the clerk.

(c) Photographing public records shall be done under the supervision of the custodian of public records, who may adopt and enforce reasonable rules governing the photographing of such records.

(d) Photographing of public records shall be done in the room where the public records are kept. If, in the judgment of the custodian of public records, this is impossible or impracticable, photographing shall be done in another room or place, as nearly adjacent as possible to the room where the public records are kept, to be determined by the custodian of public records. Where provision of another room or place for photographing is required, the expense of providing the same shall be paid by the person desiring to photograph the public record pursuant to paragraph (4)(e).

There is no 281.311, although it is referred to in a few pages such as http://www.drc-group.com/library/cemp/FranklinCounty-CEMP-Annex-DebrisManagement.pdf but I assume that has to be a wrong citation. There is a similar statement at

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0100-0199/0119/Sections/0119.0712.html:

"119.0712 Executive branch agency-specific exemptions from inspection or copying of public records.—

(1) DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH.—All personal identifying information contained in records relating to an individual’s personal health or eligibility for health-related services held by the Department of Health is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution, except as otherwise provided in this subsection." which itself seems to have an error . . .

See http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0200-0299/0281/0281ContentsIndex.html&StatuteYear=2017&Title=%2D%3E2017%2D%3EChapter%20281

which shows:

281.01 Definitions.

281.02 Powers and duties of the Department of Management Services with respect to firesafety and security.

281.03 Incident reports and record retention.

281.06 Contracts with counties, municipalities, or licensed private security agencies.

281.07 Rules; Facilities Program; traffic regulation.

281.08 Equipment.

281.301 Security systems; records and meetings exempt from public access or disclosure.

I hope this information is helpful.