I'm looking for some advice on what is a very strange

I'm looking for some advice...
I'm looking for some advice on what is a very strange experience mediating with a contractor through the California Contractor License Board.I have a contractor who took on a 2nd story addition starting from 1st floor studs, to completing the job covering doing electrical, plumbing, roofing, stucco, fencing, drywall, insulation, texture etc. There is a defect in every part of the work: plumbing is leaking. Roof is leaking, electrical has loose wires, wood exposed to high voltage, shorts in circuits, HVAC system is electrical not gas and boarded into my house without any way to service it except to tear up the living room.. etc etc.I submitted a complaint to the Contractor License Board, hoping to save legal money by going through their free mediation program.They took 6 wks to get back to me, and now I am having a very strange experience wondering if I've just invited another wolf into the house. The case worker did not recognize the permit for the job or the specs that the contractor violated. Even when I pointed them out to her she then said maybe the city changed the rules (?? they never change the rules on an existing approved permit). After asking for updated information on the complaint, she never read the details and remained confused about the case. She is now confused why there is a 2nd version of the story (because I discovered more defects in the 6 wks waiting for the case to open). She grilled me about whether I was selling the house (not clear why that's relevant), repeatedly asked about a pervious contractor (I never had one. I bought the house with a construction partner who backed out of the project after demoing it. ALso not sure why that's relevant). Then today she said she's closing the case temporarily until I supply more information. However immediately after getting off the phone with her I get a text from the contractor that she told him she closed the case because she found nothing wrong with his work.I'm now concerned who to trust. Does the CSLB have consumer interests in mind? Or are they primarily here to defend contractors who paid for their licenses? What would be my remedies against the CSLB's mandatory mediation?Any advice and/or past experience will be much appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Attached are my complaint and the main contracts with the contractor.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Wendy, I'm realizing the question is probably not fitting well into the expertise category. It may also be too complex. Would this be your assessment?I still really need an answer and would like help to find one if you know how.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The CSLB like any other agency has good and bad investigators, but when you get a bad one, boy are you wasting your time and effort. If this investigator has no clue as to even what the codes are and what the permit was for, then you need to end this right now and tell them you are dismissing your complaint and you need to go to court and sue the contractor for breach of contract and negligent work.

Quite honestly, the CSLB rarely works anything out in favor of the consumer, they simply take the easy way out and try to "split the baby" giving the contractor something and the consumer something. You do better suing in court for your claims and that is your next step, because it sounds like the CSLB investigator has no clue. However, you will indeed need a local contractor expert to testify in court as to what work was negligently performed and the costs to repair the negligent work.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for that. Very helpful. I want to sue in small claims court for the benefits of a quick judgment, inexpensive process. Otherwise going to court the expenses of an expert and lawyer will wipe out any gains I might get. What is your recommendation?

Thank you for your reply.

If the amount of damage is less than $10,000 you can sue in small claims and you do not need an attorney to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi there, I may have clicked on rating and unintentionally closed the question. Still would love the phone call.

Sure, I will call now.

Phone call session started
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney