I’m wondering...how do I find if a company has a wrongful…

I’m wondering...how do I...

I’m wondering...how do I find if a company has a wrongful termination judgement against them...

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will...there were 2 people on disability...those were the only 2 people knocked down to part time and then terminated...one was in NY and the other in Georgia. We think the lady in NY sued and trying to find info on it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so

3/16/2018
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. The first thing to check is to search court filings in the area's in which you believe these claims would have been made. Depending on the exact claims related to the wrongful termination, the cases may have been filed in state or federal court. For the information you are looking for, you would check the court filings in the proper county in New York. If you find a case, you should be able to access the complaint setting out her allegations and any other filings by the parties. If the case went to a jury or judge for decision, that decision should also be public. If, however, this individual settled the claim with the employer before a court decision, those settlements are often confidential and also specifically state that the employer is not admitting any wrongdoing. A court fling search using the employer's name is ***** ***** start. Another possible source of this information is the EEOC if the allegation of wrongful termination included claims of discrimination or harassment. A Freedom of Information Request can seek records about a specific employer. The attached link provides more information about what you can and cannot obtain from the EEOC's files - https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/foia/

It can often be difficult to fully track down prior claims if they did not become formal lawsuits. Let me know if I can be of further assistance by replying to this email.

If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

Attorney Wendy