What can happen when you get a judgement on you ??

what can happen when you get a judgement on you ??
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. Generally, if a Judgment is granted by a Court, the Judgment Creditor can seek to have the judgment satisfied through collection from your assets. Your pay can be garnished, property you own could be liened and your bank account can be attached.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can they take my social security check it is on direct deposit i'm on disability . can they garnish thru social security?

I don't believe they can garnish social security directly, but they can get funds once they are in your bank account. you do have the right, though, to petition the court to reduce the bank levy by showing your limited income. If they attach the bank account, you will get notice telling you how to file for relief from the court.

Often the original judgment will include an order for minimum weekly or monthly payments toward the judgment. Only if you fail to honor that can they take these other measures. Did the Judgment say anything about that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no ..i just got handed the notice that i'm being sued for $ 3000..00 by the process server. never went thru this b-4..
if i have my check direct deposit into an account with only my wife's name on it. Can they touch it then?? thx for ur help.

Technically, no, but if through discovery, which is the collection of information as part of the lawsuit, they can confirm and prove to the Court that your wages are going into that account, they may be able to.

Most important is that you do not ignore the summons and you go to Court to answer and defend, or possibly settle for a lower amount.

If you ignore it they WILL get a default judgment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they will get a judgement anyway. i owe a lot creditors that will prob. be doing the same. at this point i don't know what to do.i guess the best thing to do is start getting my check by mail. then pay my bill by money orders. what you think?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure what to do to file an answer by 12 days. What is the answer they want?

An answer is the name of the document. Basically you have to respond to EACH allegation of the complaint... usually just Just Admit, Deny or Unable to answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i fill out a form saying i owe them the money? can this be done online?

Or deny it. Whatever is the truth.

most vases are denied at the beginning and then they settle. But you have to answer each allegation.Is this in small claims court?

Small claims answer:

http://www.jp.hctx.net/forms/2013%20APPROVED%20FINAL%20RULES%20-%20WEBSITE%20DOWNLOADABLE%20FORMS/CV-Answer%20502.5.pdf

The link to the answer form is above.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer