Is saying that someone is unwelcome in a social event a

Is saying that someone...

Is saying that someone is unwelcome in a social event a threatening text. I made it to an adult friend and fellow student off campus that caused a lot of problems in my life and when I ended the friendship it was not on good terms. I wanted to avoid her and her drama. My once friend is threatening with reporting me to our professional school saying that saying that that text was a threatening statement. Does she have any standing with that even being a threat?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None...she just has told me that it was a threatening statement and she is going to report me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

This is the text among other topics we were discussing
I'm not saying you can't go....you just won't be welcome in our team...they are John's friends and mine. You can be there just be prepared for whatever is said to you. And you told me multiple times not just once. I know I have to deal with people in a professional setting but I can choose to deal with whom I choose in my social circle and you are not one. Stop trying to teach me social ettiquete when clearly you are still in highschool feeding off of the drama I try to avoid. Go ahead and show up tonight but you are not going to be welcome.
3/16/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Depends on what you said..

.

What you posted is not threatening in the least... and there is zero way any law enforcement would ever even consider acting on that as a threat.. the person you are dealing with is immature and unable to deal with the fact that they are not welcome at a social event so they want to go "tell mommy" on you because you are being mean.

.

You have nothing to fear here from a legal perspective.

.

.

thanks

Thank you...it's just that I am in professional school and such things are taken seriously. I wanted to make sure that the copied text I sent you was not considered a threat.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

And no, that is not any type of threat in the legal sense...

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney