I believe my son civil rights have been violated, I need…

Customer Question
I believe my son...

I believe my son civil rights have been violated, I need advice

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas, however the crime took place in Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son has a history of mental illness, I think he was railroaded

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

I would like to know if my son's civil rights been violated, as a mental health person....He was arrested with some minors and because he was the oldest he was asked to take a plea however the PD was awear of his mental health history, yet got my son to agree to the plea under distressed

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Based on the information that you have provided, his civil rights were violated. You would need to get the assistance of the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) to fight this plea. Click here for the contact information of ACLU in your area.

You may also contact legal services organization in your area for assistance.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.