My mom passed away two months ago....she has a house that I…

My mom passed away...

My mom passed away two months ago....she has a house that I have someone who wants to buy it....as is.. I'm giving them a very low price.....they are paying cash or cashier's check for the amount we agreed on....what to need to do....how do I write up an agreement. And do we just do a quick deed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

They just got the money to purchase the house I don't know what to do next....I'm in TN do I call the bank....make a purchase order form

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TN lawyer about this?

No I figured I would need to talk to one in NY right

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The house is not in my name but I have a will and testament leaving her property to me. I've just never done anything like this before so I'm lost. Do I get earnest money before I spend anything on a lawyer can we use the same lawyer

3/16/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your real property law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your request.

The contract for sale and the deed are two separate instruments. The real property contract should include the sales price,details of seller and purchaser, financing and escrow and deposit, conditions of sale, price and all other terms.

Here is a sample with all the pertinent details that you can amend yoruself:

https://isvr.net/usr/1587300189/CustomPages/htdocs/F9.pdf

The deed itself needs to be notarized before a notary public.

https://www.nashville.gov/mc/ordinances/term_1999_2003/sbl2002_1132a.pdf

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit when you take the time to leave positive feedback.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer