Can a physician get out of an auto renewal contract in NJ?

Hi, can a physician...

Hi, can a physician get out of an auto renewal contract in NJ? There would be 3 months remaining on the contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NJ lawyer about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I just reviewed the contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s it so far

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.

Do you mean an employment auto-renewal contract?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
an employment auto renewal contract

Yes - because public policy dictates that we don't "trap" people for the rest of their lives in jobs they don't want to be in :-) That being said, it's a contract like any other so there are undoubtedly terms/requirements regarding giving notice. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks so much for your rating!

And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney