We have purchased a home this past January and are now

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, We have...

Hi Pearl, We have purchased a home this past January and are now noticing major flooding problems with heavy rains. It does not say anything on the disclosure about flooding from the previous owners. Are they to disclose any flooding problems on the disclosure?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No nothing. We don’t know if we have anything to stand on to be able to file

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Manchester TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m sure we can talk more rather than me trying to message you. It would be easier.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/15/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 5 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Sure
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Get estimates to support the repair work. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago

If my reply is acceptable, please reply "yes"