When i was 23 in the navy I got some bad legal advice. I am…

Customer Question
When i was 23...

When i was 23 in the navy I got some bad legal advice. I am now 49. I pleaded guilty when I shouldnt have. is there anyway I can have that case looked at again

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the actual charge was assault and battery. The part I am wondering about is the cohabited during past 12 months. I was on deployment for six months. We only really lived together 3 months. can this case be reopened

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
No, I'm sorry but 26 years after the fact, after you pleaded guilty - stating in open court that you were in fact guilty - trying to open it up is VERY unlikely to succeed and may very well open you up to perjury charges. I wish I could tell you otherwise - but if you decide to pursue this I at least want you to know the particular can of worms you might be opening. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.