I just got black mailed by someone on Facebook for

Customer Question
I just got black...

I just got black mailed by someone on Facebook for sextortion. I'm trying to see if there was a way to get authorities to help or legal action.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm stationed in California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well none it just happened. And I was forced to pay the person. When they threatened to send everything to my family.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know what I can do to fix this.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
I'm currently in the military. And I want to keep this private till I know how to end this.
This seriously taking forever
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/15/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Have you filed a police report?
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago

awaiting your reply, thanks.